Huh, the adventure with this new piece continues. Here’s a view from the Cubase after some quality time with the song. Green tracks are guitars. As you can see plentyyyy of edits. Especially with the B part. It was composed in little bits and pieces. I come up with an idea. Record it. Listen to it. Another idea I head in my head. I record it. Uuups I need to change that note there. Record the note. Aaah another idea in my head. Let’s record it.
When composing I try to make sure that I don’t over do anything too much. Everything needs to be erasable. Things are put down quickly. I try to make sure I don’t kill the flow once I find it.
Listen to the B part now (around 1:49) Very happy how it came out. Note that when I started working out the melody I ended up re-working on the harmony as well. Midi bass at this point can be very handy for quick tweaks.
Also the choir intro changed quite a lot. Just a little thing, I raised all G notes to G# to match it with the harmonic minor tone used with mainriff. But huh, it became much more dramatic!
Also had plenty of fun with the middle parts. I decided to go for a classic calm down. Then go for some modulating (One and half notes higher always does it for me:) and variating on the riffs and themes. Check 3:39 how I returned to the A part theme. Only this time it’s totally twisted as I altered some of the notes. Sounds like something is totally wrong: GOOD!
Outro B part is slightly underconstruction. It will be fixed next. I’m only hearing how it should go inside my head at this point. I can’t wait for the final drums and bass to be recorded first. I’ll just will record the final guitar tracks next.
Oh came up with the title for this piece: Demons & Ghouls. Hope you dig this little monster piece!